Delta completa su oferta pública para adquirir acciones adicionales de Aeroméxico

0
Image
Delta completa su oferta pública para adquirir acciones adicionales de Aeroméxico
¡Puntúa!

Delta Air Lines announced the successful completion of its public cash tender offer that began on February 13, 2017 through the Mexican Stock Exchange to acquire up to an additional 32% of the outstanding capital stock of Grupo Aeroméxico S.A.B. From C.V. (BMV: AEROMEX) for MXN $ 53.00 per share, which expired at 1:00 p.m. (Mexico City time) on March 10, 2017.

The offer was oversubscribed, with Delta acquiring 228 million shares representing 32 percent of the outstanding shares of Grupo Aeroméxico and 39.8 percent of the shares offered in the public offering, for a total purchase price of approximately US $ 620 million. All conditions have been fulfilled to complete the public offering, including receipt of regulatory approvals required in Mexico.

Upon completion of the offer, Delta owns 36.2 percent of the outstanding shares of Grupo Aeroméxico and has options to acquire an additional 12.8 percent for a total of 49 percent of the outstanding shares of Grupo Aeroméxico .

“We are pleased to successfully complete the public offering,” said Ed Bastian, Delta’s General Manager. “This is another milestone that strengthens the relationship between Delta and Aeromexico as we move towards the implementation of our joint cooperation agreement in the second quarter.”

Delta and Aeroméxico began their first code-sharing in 1994. In 2011, Delta entered into an improved commercial agreement with Aeromexico, and in 2012 Delta invested US $ 65 million in shares of Grupo Aeroméxico, the parent company of Aeromexico. In March 2015, Delta and Aeromexico signed a joint cooperation agreement on flights between the United States and Mexico. This joint cooperation agreement has been reviewed by regulatory authorities in the United States and Mexico and will be implemented in the second quarter.


Delta Air Lines anunció la finalización con éxito de su oferta pública de compra en efectivo que comenzó el 13 de febrero de 2017 a través de la Bolsa Mexicana de Valores para adquirir hasta un 32% adicional del capital social en circulación de Grupo Aeroméxico S.A.B. De C.V. (BMV: AEROMEX) por MXN $53.00 por acción, que expiró a la 1:00 p.m. (tiempo de la Ciudad de México) del 10 de marzo de 2017.

La oferta fue sobresuscrita, con Delta adquiriendo 228 millones de acciones representando el 32 por ciento de las acciones en circulación de Grupo Aeroméxico y el 39,8 por ciento de las acciones ofrecidas en la oferta pública, por un precio total de adquisición de aproximadamente US $620 millones. Se han cumplido todas las condiciones para completar la oferta pública, incluyendo la recepción de las aprobaciones reglamentarias requeridas en México.

Con la finalización de la oferta, Delta posee el 36,2 por ciento de las acciones en circulación de Grupo Aeroméxico y tiene opciones para adquirir un 12,8 por ciento adicional para un total de 49 por ciento de las acciones en circulación de Grupo Aeroméxico.

“Nos complace completar con éxito la oferta pública”, dijo Ed Bastian, Director General de Delta. “Este es otro hito que fortalece la relación entre Delta y Aeroméxico mientras avanzamos hacia la implementación de nuestro acuerdo de cooperación conjunta en el segundo trimestre”.

Delta y Aeroméxico iniciaron su primer código compartido en 1994. En 2011, Delta entró en un acuerdo comercial mejorado con Aeroméxico, y, en 2012 Delta invirtió US $65 millones en acciones de Grupo Aeroméxico, la compañía matriz de Aeroméxico. En marzo de 2015, Delta y Aeroméxico firmaron un acuerdo de cooperación conjunta sobre vuelos entre Estados Unidos y México. Ese acuerdo de cooperación conjunta ha sido revisado por las autoridades reguladoras en los Estados Unidos y México y se aplicará en el segundo trimestre.

About author

No comments